HEALING WOMEN’S RETREATS …..WHAT, WHERE & WHY
Pura Vida Retreat & Spa in magical Costa Rica!
I think it is essential sometimes to go into retreat, to stop everything that you have been doing, to stop your beliefs and experiences completely and look at them anew, not keep on repeating like machines whether you believe or don’t believe. You would let fresh air into your minds.” ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
Have you ever come home from a vacation more exhausted than when you went? Usually this happens when you try to cram in too many activities. Or to the other extreme, you laze around the pool, doing absolutely nothing except eating and drinking too much and posting on social media!
Either way, you may be missing the whole point of vacation – to refresh and reinvigorate yourself. As soon as you get back to “the real world”, stress piles up again. Plus you may have the added burdens of playing catch up after not relaxing at all.
Instead, why not try a women’s retreat that balances the body, mind and spirit with meditation, yoga, sound healing and hiking in nature. This is something that I love to do! And here are five reasons why I think you’ll love a DragonflyExperience signature women’s retreat too…
- Women’s retreats produce long-term benefits.
Retreats are designed to help you connect with your body’s wisdom so you can lead a more balanced lifestyle. You’ll experience emotional release and physical rejuvenation. And you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how these feelings stay with you and improve your health once you return home. Choose a retreat that gives you the time and space to reconnect with yourself and center by aligning your emotions, beliefs, values, goals and intentions.
- Women’s retreats are designed for introspection and reflection.
Visiting a beautiful and tranquil location puts you in a contemplative frame of mind. It’s important to quiet outside “noises” so you can “hear” what your body, mind and spirit are communicating.
- Women’s retreats help you connect with nature. Check out Pura Vida Retreat & Spa with it’s beautiful 8 acre gated resort 4900 feet above sea level surrounded by coffee plantations overlooking Costa Rica’s Center Valley, just 20 minutes from Costa Rica’s SJO Airport.
Being close to nature is very healing. It reduces the production of the stress hormone, cortisol. Filling your lungs and soul on the clean air and peaceful surroundings lets your body, mind and spirit calm, giving you a fresh start.
- Retreats surround you with like-minded people – your retreat leader and fellow attendees.
There are so many types of retreats. You get to pick a retreat where the guide leads sessions in what you desire to improve the most – health & wellness retreats, fitness retreats, meditation retreats, and body wisdom retreats to name a few possibilities. Look for techniques that will enhance your life long-term.
Group retreats bring together women who have similar concerns or interests. Because you have similar goals and intentions, you can build a support system. The others can act as a mirror to help you identify issues that you can’t clearly see by yourself. It’s good to know that you’re not alone, that others are on the same path. Women’s retreats are also a fantastic way to find new life-long intimate friendships.
- Women’s retreats are managed for you. You don’t have to worry about planning or finding places to eat and sleep. Your retreat facilitator takes care of all those stressful things. You just have your well-being to focus on. Another perk is that you’re more likely to receive exclusive features and discounts because of being in a group. As a retreat leader I have curated an amazing healing experience for you!
Still want more information…….READ MY BLOG POST ON WHY ALAJUELA COSTA RICA!
JOIN US IN COSTA RICA APRIL 13-20, 2024 – Click here for more details on this Healing Retreat!
Felicia Grant has been creating and leading Transformational Women’s Retreats since 2010.
Felicia Grant is a Certified Medium and Holy Fire® Reiki Master in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Zoom online sessions offered as Felicia has clients all over the world.